Well, I have been feeling really good about my increasing ability to find my way around this "everything is bigger, but it's all laid out on a grid" state -- I have made it to several interviews on my own now and didn't get lost. That's good for someone who has a "directionally challenged" gene firmly imbedded in their makeup!
But that's all I can consider as good lately in the job hunt department. I have been to 3 interviews and still do not have a job. The last one I felt really good about, but it was with a dialysis company and I have no dialysis experience, so I kind of knew if they interviewed someone who did, it would pretty much cancel me out. It was still a disappointment when they told me "no" though. I was feeling like a failure, or a loser, and pretty "down" tonight, but a little angel helped out with that.
Maiya came upstairs with something hiding behind her back, and said "Nana, I have a surprise for you and I want to tell you that I love you best of all very much", then gave me a square of pink paper with a valentine (heart) cut out of the center and a hug and kiss!!
I still don't have a job, but I sure do have a very warm spot right in the middle of my heart, all because of the loving gesture of a little child!!
I know my family loves me, I don't mean to slight them, but it was that little gesture that turned my tears of frustration and depression into tears of gratitude. "And a little child shall lead them".
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh how precious!!!!!
Post a Comment