Well, I was hoping for a callback yesterday on the Thursday interview but so far, no call. Oh, well. Maybe they are trying to figure out what to do with me! I didn't get to talk to the admin person, only the nursing director (who, by the way, has only been on the job 2 weeks and couldn't tell me a thing about benefits, what the job was exactly that I was there to talk about, what areas it would cover, etc.). She was very enthusiastic and thought I would do "great helping with policy and procedure" issues, and other office work, but I think the job is field work. I am so torn, because I really don't want to do that anymore but am afraid if I don't take that kind of job if offered, I won't get a job. I am ready to "be grounded" somewhere and not have to learn all the streets and avenues and highways in some new town/city, and then travel around all day trying to find people.
Does that mean I really am getting old?
I am at the point where early retirement is beginning to look better and better. I could still find something part-time (there are a LOT of those jobs posted!) to supplement things for a few years, but the question is would I be able to manage financially, with rent, etc. as high as it is here. I definitely want my own place again, but need to be reasonable about it. It is something I think about though, that's for sure! And not because I'm not grateful and happy to have a place to live, but I am used to my independence and don't want to be a burden or disrupt anyone else's life either.
If there is anything good in all this, it is that I am able to be here and help out -- Janie had a super bad day this week and was on the sofa or in the bed all day, so I pretty much took care of things until Kyle got home. Might not sound like a big thing, but at least I felt useful. Sometimes I don't -- feel useful I mean. I try my best not to "butt in" when it comes to cleaning up, telling the kids what to do, and so on. That's not my place. It's hard because in my thinking it's taking some of the work off Janie & Kyle. But I am afraid they think it is butting in or being critical. So I try not to "do" if they don't ask. Little things like changing diapers or making lunch are no problem. It's the other things I hesitate about.
David keeps telling me to "look up, be patient, and have faith" and I know that's what I need to do, but it sure is hard not to get discouraged sometimes.
It's the weekend -- I'll start all over on Monday with all this. Maybe it will be my week!!
Chin up!! (or should that be "chins"?) :)
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment