Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A rose isn't always a rose

Checked into what I would get if I retired in March (my birthday) and was very disappointed. Even with my pension from the hospital in PA I would only get roughly twice what I see houses -- and even apartments -- renting for here. So the idea of retiring early that looked good before has now taken on a not-so-good appearance. I could get a part-time job and earn up to $1000/mo and not lose any of my retirement pay, but again, I'd still have rent, utilities, a truck payment (for a while), food, and health insurance to worry about for 2 years before I could get Medicare. Not sure that's really a viable option.

If I don't soon get a job, I may have no choice, but hopefully things will change in that department. The next time someone calls with a job offer (and pray there will actually BE a next time!) I will take it no matter what it is and be grateful for it!! The phrase "beggers can't be choosers" is taking on a whole new meaning for me. Who knows, what I don't particularly want may turn out to be the best job ever!!

No comments: